make problem -- does not terminate on error

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Fri Aug 2 19:00:00 GMT 2002

Andrew,

Have you tried running the command that fails (in the same way that "make"
runs it under the circumstances in question) in a shell and seeing what
error status it reports back? Is it indeed reporting a non-zero exit status
(in addition to printing an error diagnostic)?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA