1.3.12-1: bash reorders output

Manfred Spraul manfred@colorfullife.com
Sat Aug 3 04:56:00 GMT 2002

I've succeeded in creating a testcase:

Please untar the attached tarball and run ./do-test.sh

The bug is still the same: The script contains
<<
	echo "2XXXX"
	cat ext-2.txt
	echo "3XXXX"
<<
but in the output file, it's
<<<
	2XXXX
	3XXXX
	?? contents of ext-2.txt
<<<

Further details:
- it's not 100% reproducable, sometimes only the 2nd or 3rd run of
	bad.sh creates an output file with reordered lines
	Please run the app for a few minutes.
- it happens in both binary and text mode.
- sometimes "cat ext-2.txt" is affected, sometimes other files
- the cygwin dll is now 1.3.12-1, the rest is unchanged from my last mail.

The computer is a single-cpu Celeron-1.13 with W2K SP2, now with
cygwin-1.3.12-1.

Could you please test it? I don't have access to other systems right now.

Thanks,
--
	Manfred