debugging /usr/bin/info reading compressed files

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sat Aug 3 09:33:00 GMT 2002

Joshua,

Gzip / gunzip doesn't handle BZip2-compressed files.

I can think of two alternatives for gixing "info:" Make "info" sensitive to
the variant compression scheme based on file name suffixes or introduce a
separate decompression program (script or binary) to handle the variant
compression formats and have "info" invoke that intermediary instead of
directly invoking a single-format decompression utility.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA