bash.exe and cygwin1.dll not installed

Scott Bullock skottieb@hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 00:55:00 GMT 2002

hello all,
         I am new to cygwin but not unix/linux, I just installed cygwin
however it does not run, I get the error "'bash' is not a recognised
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.", after
viewing "cygwin.bat" I realised the command "bash" is not in the
"C:\cygwin\bin" directory.  So I tried running a program from the command
line, eg, tar.exe, and got the following error message:

The dyanmic link library cygwin1.dll could not be found in the specified
path
C:\cygwin\bin;;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\Tcl\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System\32\Wbem;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\ULEADS~1\Mpeg

I thought these programs would have been installed at the time of
installion, How can I get them, If you could email them to me and Carbon
Copy, hendriks@iprimus.com.au, that would be greatly appreciated