emacs install problem

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Tue Aug 13 11:55:00 GMT 2002

jalonso@mit.edu wrote:

> Yes, it's true: "emacs" does not have an .exe extension.  The fact that setup
> downloads the distribution but does not install it appears to be a separate
> issue.

Sounds like I have to make sure the .exe is there for 9x machines.

> I've manually installed the distribution on my system, and we are getting along
> quite amiably.  Though the default colors (e.g. black on "black"--black on a
> transparent background, I presume) in terminal mode simply will not do, but
> that is yet another matter entirely.

I assume you are using the non-X version?

I had a problem like that when I compiled emacs using terminfo.  I'm pretty
sure that it's the terminfo database at fault -- something is not quite
right in the file corresponding to your TERM, probably.

Joe Buehler