can CYGWIN have a different IP address to Windows?

John Vincent jpv50@hotmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:26:00 GMT 2002

Although the answer to the question was NO. The much more interesting
question was "can I assign more than one IP address to my laptop?"
and the answer to that is YES. Then different servers can serve
on different IP addresses, cygwin-based or otherwise.

I think this answer only applies to WinNT/2000/XP. Out of interest,
does anyone know if the same trick can be done on Win9x ?

/John Vincent.