Regarding compilation with powerpc-elf-gcc

Rahman Mahfuzur rahmanmahfuzur@hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 06:56:00 GMT 2002

Dear Sir,
I am a student doing masters in computer science in a university in Germany.
I am doing development on Excimer PowerPC 603 evaluation board.  So my first
purpose is to set up the environment on compilation and liking for a powerpc
in a Windows machine. I installed Cygwin first on my hard drive. The
installation path is "c:\cygwin". Then I installed the GNU Toolkit For
PowerPC.  Both of the installtion procedure is successfully completed.  Then
I tried to compile a simple c program with gcc compiler and it can compile
properly.  But when I tried to compile a very simple c program with
powerpc-elf-gcc compiler (the cross compiler for powerpc board), I got the
following message:

"Assembler messages:
   for reading.open
: No such file or directory".

I tried many possibilities to overcome this error message but I failed. So I
do not have any more idea to solve this problem.
Can you give me some suggestion on how to solve such a error message.

Yours sincerely,
Mohammad Mahfuzur Rahman