Emacs and 'tty'

Christopher Faylor cygwin@cygwin.com
Sun Aug 18 12:28:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 10:40:56AM -0400, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>Ah, I now remember what it *is* needed for -- line draw chars in
>Midnight Commander.  Otherwise you get capital A's with umlauts, upside
>down question marks, etc.  Is there any reason *not* to have this in
>cygwgin.bat?

If it was supposed to be the default, it would *be* the default.  It
wouldn't go in cygwin.bat, it would "just work".  I assume that the
implementor of the codepage functionality chose the most logical
default for the setting.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .