using MFC with cygwin

serj@hea.iki.rssi.ru serj@hea.iki.rssi.ru
Thu Aug 22 09:51:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have unix console application. I want to use this application as a
back-end for windows GUI application. This GUI application is written
using MFC. I find out that there is no way to use cygwin *.o objects
and *.dll libraries in VC++ projects because of gcc and msvc compiler
uncompatibilities.

So i cannot use cygwin+gcc to compile my back-end and msvc to compile
GUI front-end. Am i right?

I cannot use msvc to compile entire project.

Can i compile MFC GUI application using cygwin+gcc? I tried to do it
but i have some problems:
Compiler cannot find MFC headers and some win32 headers like tchar.h.
I copy tchar.h to cygwin's win32 include directory and use gcc with
-I<path_to_mfc_headers> option.

But i still have problems:

/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:621: variable or field `__fastca
ll' declared void
/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:621: parse error before `('
/cygdrive/c/visualstudio/vc98/mfc/include/afx.h:1523: confused by earlier errors
, bailing out

So can i combine cygwin API functions with MFC?

--
Best regards,
 Serj                          mailto:serj@hea.iki.rssi.ru