standalone cygwin programs that use "/tmp" don't work

John R. McPherson jrm21@cs.waikato.ac.nz
Sat Aug 24 18:05:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 01:49:11PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Any news here?
>
> cgf

> >Let me restate it:  You can't rely on the fact that the source code
> >is "freely available".  As I mentioned, that won't be the case for long
> >with cygwin 1.3.10.
> >
> >My suggestion would be to just make the source code available and
> >include a line that says "Please don't use this.  It is just here for
> >GPL compliance." or something like that.

I've made our maintainer aware of the issue, and I think our plan is
to have a statement both on our website and within our source tarball
that if people want the source code to the cygwin binaries we provide
in our windows binary distribution (which we will explicitly mention
package names and versions) then we will provide them with the source
to those versions if they contact us. I'll make sure that this is
included when he releases the next version. I hope this is an
acceptable solution to our oversight.

John McPherson