ls.exe shows windows system hidden files

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Mon Dec 2 17:08:00 GMT 2002

elfyn-cygwin@mail.exposure.org.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try to remember that cygwin is a unix emulation layer for windows that
> tries to emulate unix in as many respects as possible. To change the
> ls source to accomadate for something windows uses to hide files,
> sometimes unknown from its users, would not be unix like.

Personally I like the idea. It could be implemented as yet another
option that the user could choose to use but would be off by default.
After all ps has the -W option which is distinctly Windows only, no?