ls.exe shows windows system hidden files

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Mon Dec 2 19:45:00 GMT 2002

Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Cygwin uses stock "ls" source code. Cygwin's "ps" is entirely it's
> own--it's all "distinctly Cygwin."

Makes sense.

Still I would like ls to do it (in my case by default). You see I'm one
of those, I guess, few Windows users who actually uses hidden files and
likes to have them hidden in the Explorer and, correspondingly in ls. So
I just live with this "defect".

Hacking up a wrapper around ls to use attribe would be a little work, if
one wanted to insure other ls semantics including color and the like
(IOW do it right). Maybe someday I'll do this...