can user add his own service in cygwin inetd?

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Wed Dec 11 00:28:00 GMT 2002

Sorry, I'm not an inetd expert.  I'd be stuck looking at the available
documents too.  It's not immediately obvious to me that a perl program
wouldn't be able to be run from inetd but then again, I don't know what
you're doing.  If you do exactly what you've done on Linux and it works
there but not with Cygwin, well, then I guess that means there's some
difference that will need to be tracked down.  If you're interested in
doing so, you could start with invoking inetd with the -d flag.  That
may shed some light.

Larry