Cygwin question - hopefully a quickie

Harter, Pete Pete.Harter@itt.com
Wed Dec 11 12:20:00 GMT 2002

Christopher:
I downloaded a version of Cygwin (can't remember the source; one of those
from the http://www.cygwin.com/ <http://www.cygwin.com/>  list) onto my new
machine which uses Win 2000 Professional OS.   I just now noticed that it
doesn't recognize the "ex"  (batch vi editor) command.   I've used Cygwin
(again, I don't know the source) before on the Win NT environment, and it
recognized the "ex" command OK.

What can I use as a substitute for the "ex" command?

Pete Harter
Mechanical Analysis
ITT Aerospace/Communications

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.