Individual vs. list-only replies (Was Re: Force bash to start as administrator)

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Wed Dec 11 17:08:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 11:21, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > Again, I don't appreciate getting email that's a copy of what I'll be
> > reading on the list shortly anyway.

This needs a note:

Emails have a unique message ID, that mail de-dupers can remove. I don't
get duplicates, even when something goes to 3 or four different mailing
lists. If your email package doesn't do this, get a real one :}.

Anything using qmail, exim or postfix should be able to do this.
MS Exchange server does this.

Cheers,
Rob