Request for bashhere.inf

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Fri Dec 20 09:33:00 GMT 2002

The attached is the only one I seem to have, but I know there was
another one floating around which seemed a bit better. The problem
is that I don't know much about INF files (seems to be an arcane
knowledge) so I don't know how good/bad this one is, but I think
it's what I'm currently using. However, I suspect that if it was
added to the distribution there might be some folks who know more
about it that could fix it up. It really is a useful tool.

On 12/18/2002 at 7:06 PM John Morrison wrote:

>> From: Bruce Eckel
>
>Hi, nice to see you somewhere other than the Apache FOP list ;)
>
>> I use the "bash prompt here" tool all the time, but I've had to
>> rely on some rather transient versions, and sometimes
self-hacked
>> approaches.
>
>It's not something I usually use, but...
>
>> I was hoping that you folks might consider putting a
well-written
>> one as part of the standard distribution, so everyone could
>> benefit. Just hoping...
>
>If you package it I'm sure it will be considered by the powers
>that be :)
>
>J.
>
>> PS: page 28 of the third edition of "Thinking in Java" sings the
>> praises of Cygwin.
>
>I'm sure good press is always welcome :)

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar