what to use in g++ instead of GetOpt?

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sat Dec 21 21:56:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 13:51, Ed wrote:
> Howdy all!
>
> In the old days of libg++ there was something called GetOpt to help
> parse command line options. In these days of stdlibc++ it seems to be
> gone.
>
> What are well-dressed C++ programmers using to parse their command
> lines these days?

I use libgetopt++, a C++ library I put together and am extending as
needed to do just.

Current capabilities:
*) distributed option declaration (ie plugins can list options too).
*) multiple co existing option sets.
*) boolean and string option type predeclared.
*) callbacks occur for non option arguments.

There is a CVS repository at sources.redhat.com/cvs/libgetopt++

Cheers,
Rob

--