Strange behaviour of gcc

fabrizio_ge-wolit@tiscali.it fabrizio_ge-wolit@tiscali.it
Sun Dec 29 15:05:00 GMT 2002

From: Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com>
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:16:59 -0800
Subject: Re:Strange behaviour of gcc

>Stack space is usually far more limited than heap
>space, which I assume is what motivates this behavior
>in the code generator. The programming language's
>semantics are maintained.

What I would like to do is to build a DLL which does not link to the C runtime
library (and therefore it does not have access to _alloca or other CRT functions).
The executable dynamically loads the DLL with dlopen() and the DLL calls
some callback functions provided by the executable. The DLL's size is about
20KB if it links to CRT, 8KB if it does not. The main motivation is to have
a small file.

So, is there a gcc option which allows not to call _alloca (even if the
performance is sub-optimal)?

Regards
Fabrizio

Tiscali ADSL: abbonati entro il 31 gennaio.
Non paghi l'attivazione.
Non paghi il primo mese.
http://www.tiscali.it/adsl