Burning cygwin distribution CDs

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Dec 30 05:09:00 GMT 2002

Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
>>> However
>>> this is not exactly what I need - I have to burn all the 1GB stuff
>>> to CDs.
>>

>> Why? You do realize that that includes multiple versions of just
>> about every package?
>
> Yes, I do. In fact, if I was creating such CD for my own usage, I
> would get away with 100 mb or so. But in this case I have to include
> everything, if possible.

Perhaps you should explain to the people you are making the CD for that
~550MB is enough to hold the latest version of everything, but not to hold
everything including a load of old stale package versions, that they will
never use anyway.

Or, use Michael Chase's clean_setup.pl with the -archive option to strip the
old versions out of your download into a seperate archive dir, and burn that
to a second CD.

Max.