Difficulties to download Cygwin when no Windows machine is available...

Brent Frère Brent@BFrere.net
Mon Dec 30 05:54:00 GMT 2002

Cygwin is marvelous. Thank you for maintaining it. It's so powerful to
convince our customers to migrate to open-source software and finally OS...

I just have to face a problem: I wish to download the entire CygWin
distribution in order to give it to my customers on CDs (a way to
promote your project without having to ask them to download it...) Your
automatic installation procedure is very powerful, however it works only
on Windows-running hosts... (that makes sense, if you wish to use
it...). As professional telecom company, we don't have ANY windows based
host here. So, I have huge difficulties to download the software in
order to write some CD for our customers...

Could you, as example, refer on your web site some URL so that it could
be possible to download this marvelous project using plain http, ftp or
rsync protocol instead of the Setup.exe tool ?

Thank you.

--
Brent Frère
Technical Director