dlopen(0, RTLD_LAZY) doesn't work?

Kent Watsen kent@watsen.net
Wed Feb 6 18:49:00 GMT 2002

OK, so I've written the windows equivalent of my original program
and still get the same error - is there some linking option I'm missine?

Here is the new code, again just compile (gcc foo.c) and run (foo.exe):

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>

extern __declspec(dllexport) void foo(void)
{
    printf("hello\n");
}

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    void* dl   = NULL;
    void* func = NULL;

    dl = (void *) GetModuleHandle (NULL);
    if (dl == NULL) {
        printf("GetModuleHandle() failed\n");
        exit(0);
    }

    func = (void*)GetProcAddress((HMODULE)dl, "foo");
    if (func == NULL) {
        printf("GetProcAddress() failed (code %u)\n", GetLastError());
        exit(0);
    }

    printf("do something meaningful\n");

    return 0;