dlopen(0, RTLD_LAZY) doesn't work?

Kent Watsen kent@watsen.net
Fri Feb 8 12:08:00 GMT 2002

True, the second parameter is ignored by cygwin's dlopen(), but I did
reproduce the exact same problem using win32's GetModuleHandle()
and GetProcAddress() - the bug is not in the code but the compiler.

The code works fine when compiled on linux via "gcc -rdynamic foo.c -ldl"
or "gcc -export-dynamic foo.c -ldl."  On Cygwin, it is not necessary to
specify -ldl and its not possible to specify -rdynamic (why not?).  But
alas,
when I compile on Cygwin using "gcc -export-dynamic foo.c", the code
still doesn't work - so I think the cygwin's compiler is broken.

Kent