Close to libiconv now?
Charles Wilson
cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Feb 9 00:35:00 GMT 2002
I've rebuilt it using the latest (cygwin-devel) libtool. It seems fine
-- passes all the tests. It's packaged using "my" script mechanism, and
only needs some Cygwin-specific documentation and prefix changed from
/usr/local to /usr and it would be ready for inclusion in cygwin.
HOWEVER
I cannot support additional packages at this time(*). I'm perfectly
willing to hand the completed package over to someone else for
maintainance -- as long as I can wash my hands of it. I built it as a
test of libtool -- but I do NOT want to support it.
Any volunteers?
--Chuck
(*) okay, *one* more -- pkgconfig -- is in the works. but that's it. I
mean it. ;-)
Soren Andersen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the newest autotools in the official Cygwin packages, are we now
> close to being able to build gnu libiconv o-o-b?
>
> I am trying to build gcc-3.0.3 and it suggests that i might want to
> install libiconv. I understand from reading list archives that Chuck
> Wilson built an experimental libiconv using some hacked autotools
> support, last july. Any updates on that topic?
>
> Regards,
> Soren Andersen
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list