possible worm in cygwin

Chris Faulkner christopher.faulkner@ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 15 05:46:00 GMT 2002

Hello

I've searched around for more about this but only found a message on comp.security.ssh which said it might be a false alarm but was not conclusive.

Whilst doing a Full SystemScan, I got a message from Norton Antivirus

"The file D:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll is infected with
the Backdoor.EggHead virus. Unable to repair this file."

Is this a false alarm ? Does anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks

Chris

"Earn all you can. But not at the expense of conscience, not at the expense of our neighbour's wealth, not at the expense of our neighbour's health." John Wesley