[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: grep-2.5g

Christopher Faylor cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Feb 21 21:29:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:09:50PM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I've made a new version of 'grep' available for download.  This updates
>>the package to the latest version available from ftp.gnu.org.  I've
>>included the update info from the /usr/doc/grep-2.5g/NEWS file below.
>>
>>For a brief descripton of this package, see http://cygwin.com/packages/
>>.
>
>Could we get grep to silently ignore directories?  For example, if I
>grep "asdf" * and there exists a directory called foo I see:
>
>grep: foo: is a directory
>
>I see there is a -d option and I can say -d skip.  I guess what I'm
>asking for then is to have -d default to skip instead of read.

Contact the grep developers. I'm sure you can find an appropriate mailing list
here http://www.gnu.org/prep/mailinglists.html .

I wonder if they'll have the same response to "can I please have this" requests
as I do...

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .