minor bugs in pthread_setcancelstate and pthread_setcanceltype

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 08:10:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:45:18AM +0100, dirk.derycke@icos.be wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>for the functions (thread.cc):
>int __pthread_setcancelstate (int state, int *oldstate)
>int __pthread_setcanceltype (int type, int *oldtype)
>can somebody add the checking whether the pointers oldstate and oldtype are
>nill pointers?
>
>The Linux man page says that the previous state/type is not saved when the
>pointer is zero.
>Currently we get the annoying SIGSEGV crash when the old state/type is
>written to address 0x0.

How about trying a patch for this behavior?  It sounds like it would be
trivial and you would be helping out the pthreads developer.

http://cygwin.com/contrib.html

There is no need for an assignment in this case since the patch should be
both obvious and trivial.

cgf