Excessive packages installed by default

rotaiv rotaiv@biapo.com
Tue Feb 26 15:27:00 GMT 2002

At 02/26/2002  05:11 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

I have a setup.ini and I have never edited this file.  I mirror the cygwin
directory from mirrors.rcn.net and select install from local package and
browse to my local mirror.  On current installations, the "Misc" categories
do not appear when I browse to my local mirror.  However, on brand new
installations, all the "Misc" categories appear.  I have mapped the drive
the exact same way yet I get different results depending on whether I run
setup against an existing install or a brand new install.

I just tried to reproduce this error and could not :(  I installed bash and
openssh then ran setup a second time to see what happened.  It wanted to
install extra packages but they were mostly from the "base" and none from
"misc".  I know this has been a problem in the past but now I can't
reproduce it.

Could it have something to do with how I execute the setup.exe and what I
use as the base install directory?

rotaiv.