C++ Exceptions in Multithreaded Applications Crash

Lenny Primak lprimak@hope.nyc.ny.us
Wed Jul 3 14:16:00 GMT 2002


Is there any way I can get your working libgcc.a package so I don't have 
to recompile
the whole thing?

that would be great.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 04:40  PM, Thomas Pfaff wrote:

>
> I just tried with the libgcc.a from cygwins gcc package and i get
>
> func() - eh_context = 407000
> func() - eh_context = 407000
> FATAL: Identical Exception Stacks!
>
> and a segmentation violation on exit.
>
> Thomas
>
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Lenny Primak wrote:
>
>> Strange indeed, I will try that, but in the meanwhile,
>> can you confirm that stock (cygwin.com) build does not work?
>>
>> Thanks a log
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 03:57  PM, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Lenny Primak wrote:
>>>
>>>> This has been submitted to GCC GNATS as PR/7168.
>>>>
>>>> Using the G++ exception system from multiple threads corrupts the 
>>>> gcc's
>>>> internal exception stack, due to not including the thread-specific
>>>> exception context in the compile.
>>>> GCC Version: 2.95.3-5 from default Cygwin install.
>>>>
>>>> I tried to re-compile gcc with --enable-threads=posix and with
>>>> --enable-sjlj-exceptions
>>>> with no results.  The following program is used to determine if the
>>>> exception context is thread-specific or not:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Strange:
>>> I have build gcc-2.95.3-5 with --disable-shared --enable-threads
>>> (and without --enable-sjlj-exceptions, but this should be the default)
>>> and i get
>>>
>>> func() - eh_context = 970EB0
>>> func() - eh_context = 971368
>>> Great! Exception Stacks Differ.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
Lenny Primak
PP-ASEL,H-IA
http://hope.nyc.ny.us
>>
>>
>> --
>> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>> Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
>> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
>>
>>
>>


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list