inetd servers went wrong after upgrading cygwin

Wu Yongwei adah@netstd.com
Fri Jul 5 03:09:00 GMT 2002


Strange things happened. When I rechecked the user rights and tried to ftp
and telnet, I found the ftp problem is gone (for both Administrator and
anonymous user). I remember I just did a failed upgrade of cygwin and
successful upgrades for binutils and gzip.

Telnet still does not work. The same ugly 0xC0000022 application error
appeared just when I had logged in and the message "You are successfully
logged in to this server!!!" displayed.

The home directory inherited rights from C:\, which is everyone can do
anything, owned by Administrators (Windows default <grin>).
/home/Administrator has the same setting. Changing it to only Administrator
can read and write does not solve the problem.

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei

--- Original Message from Jim George ---

Wu Yonwei,

Yo mention below that everyone can write to /home, but what are the
permissions that ftp and guest have to the directories that you are
downloading from?

Jim


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list