Incorrect COLUMN and LINES

Jehan nahor@bravobrava.com
Fri Jul 5 11:58:00 GMT 2002

Lapo Luchini wrote:

>>> in less/man for instance, or the whole display of emacs).
>>                                                    ^^^^^
>> Use vi.
>> 'Nuff said.
>>
> Or nano, works like a charm also if resized after opening 0=)

Under XWin maybe (as does emacs, and vi, and everything else), but it
doesn't work in the Windows console (cygwin terminal). If you are
editing a several pages long file and reduce the height of nano
significantly (by half works "well" enough for me), the screen get bad
also (title bar disappears, bottom menu too).
And as a general matter, I doubt than *any* application that tries to
display text at specific location on the screen would work on the
console. The problem is that if the application display something below
the screen, the console scrolls. And if the console scrolls, the origin
(coordinate 0,0) moves.

	Jehan