setup.exe and replacing of in-use files

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Sun Jul 7 08:00:00 GMT 2002

I found pertty frustrating to have to reboot my system when simply
remember to close all cygwni apps wuold have done the same effect (in
fact I HATE to reboot my system ^_^)... couln't we change that pref from
"automatically request reboot" to "give choice between freeing file xxxx
or updating it after reboot"?
Maybe only with a command-line options so that normal users don't get
frustrated by a "difficult new question" (yes I just read Joel's article
on GUI usability =P)

I don't exclude to provide a patch for this myself, but right now I have
not the time... Robert can you add it to the "to do list", if yuo and
others agree that could be an useful feature?

Thanks ^_^

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)