Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-1, gcc2-2.95.3-6, and gcc-mingw-3_1-20020516-1

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sun Jul 7 10:04:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 01:30:58PM +0200, Christoph wrote:
>> From: Christopher Faylor
>> although I believe that there are still issues with exception handling
>> in dlls.
>
>Hm - being utterly ignorant about Cygwin dll internals, I can at
>least report that it seems to be possible to compile (and link
>them to the corresponding libstdc++.a and libgcc.a libraries) the
>Cygwin dll itself without the standard option -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions.

Huh?  It's always been possible to do that.  The options are included
only avoid any overhead from including them in an application
(cygwin1.dll) that didn't need or use them.

>> to make this available, it will probably be as a separate package.  I
>> may do this with java eventually, too.
>
>I take that that it is still not possible to compile libgjc?

I haven't tried.

>> 2002-01-06  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>
>>
>>         * config/i386/cygwin.h: Fix to allow -nostdinc to drop cygwin
>includes.
>> 	Only search for cyg library prefix when not -mno-cygwin
>> 	* t-cygwin: Add -lintl as an auxilliary library.
>> 	* x-cygwin: Ditto.
>
>For my native bootstrap I had to explicitly copy cygming.h into
>the build directory  Objdir/gcc/gcc to make things work.

I don't see how that could possibly be necessary.  The only reference
to cygming.h should b as i386/cygming.h.  Copying it to your build directory
would have no effect.  It should only be referenced in the config.h file
as #include "i386/cygming.h".

cgf