unstriped PE executables contain data from the import library after the end of the last section - is this correct ?

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 9 08:45:00 GMT 2002

Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> PT> Now since my initial post I tried to find what this data is and it
> PT> seems that it is the output of the functions make_one() and friends
> PT> from ld/pe-dll.c. Now my question is - what is the purpose of having
> PT> this data from the import library, appended to the executable itself ?
> PT> Is this correct ?
>
> I was advised to post to the binutils and/or cygwin ml, when I
> initially posted on cygwin-apps.  Now, it seems that neither binutils
> people, nor anyone on cygwin is interested to answer this question.
>
> Is the answer really that obvious so noone cares to answer ?

It's apparent that no one KNOWS the answer.  I'd have to hunt thru the
binutils code to answer your question.  But it's your question -- you
hunt thru the code.

--Chuck