gcc 3.11-2 link error with stdc++

Dylan Cuthbert dylan@q-games.com
Mon Jul 15 02:53:00 GMT 2002

Ok, I've found the blighter...  after tracking down and splitting up the
code etc.  The reason is completely illogical mind you.

Since all this rather dodgy looking __gnu_cxx namespace stuff
(understandable for internal functions etc. but not for classes that are
used by Joe Punter) went into g++ 3.1 for classes that used to be called,
for example "std::hash_map",  I've been compiling with -D__gnu_cxx=std, now
I'd understand things were going wrong if std::string was in the __gnu_cxx
namespace but it isn't.  So I'm flummoxed with regards to finding a reason
for the error to occur.

I whittled it down to a single line that was writing a value into a
std::map<string, string> (not a hash_map which *is* in
__gnu_cxx_namespace_gubbins).  If I remove that line the file links without
the error in my previous mail below.

Very odd indeed, anyway, I'll package up the code and post it to the gnu
mailing list for more info.

Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com