The new bash causing problems

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 16:24:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

First off, I'm not the best at shell programming, but I usually get by.
That being said, it is possible that the problem I'm having is because of
a mistake that bash never caught before.  The place that this occurs is in
the install section of my berkeley db Makefile.  Specifically it is a
snippet which will convert the file name from "foo.exe" to
"xxn.n_foo.exe", upon installation.  Anyhow, what happens is make bombs
out saying:

Installing DB utilities: /usr/src/v1/db-3.1.17/.inst/usr/bin ...
Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "fi")
make: *** [install_utilities] Error 2

If anyone can confirm that this is a valid bash script (and therefore a
bug with bash) or point out where I'm going awry (and therefore a bug with
me), I'd greatly appreciate it.  If someone can suggest a better way of
achieving the desired effect, I'd love that too.  At the very least I hope
that a fresh pair of eyes might catch something I possible missed...

Attached is the script and a trial run with "make -n install".  Thanks in
advance!

Cheers,
Nicholas

http://health.yahoo.com