1.2.6 rsync hangs on win2K adv server 2 cpu

Ian Foot Ian.Foot@yoomedia.com
Tue Jul 23 07:52:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

Rsync is hanging on my dual-cpu Windows 2000 Advanced Server boxen.  I
have tried versions 2.5.4.1 and 2.5.5.1 (both precompiled and compiled
from source) and have the same problem with both of them.  However, I do
not have this problem on a single cpu Windows 2000 professional box.  I
have done a few tests and the problem appears to be somewhere within
io_flush() (in io.c).

Output using the -vvv flag is:

$ rsync -vvv cygcheck.out cygcheck.out2
make_file(4,cygcheck.out)
expand file_list to 4000 bytes, did move
send_file_list done
send_files starting
server_recv(2) starting pid=1300
recv_file_name(cygcheck.out)
received 1 names
recv_file_list done
get_local_name count=1 cygcheck.out2
generator starting pid=1300 count=1
recv_generator(cygcheck.out2,0)
send_files(0,cygcheck.out)
send_files mapped cygcheck.out of size 9461
calling match_sums cygcheck.out
cygcheck.out
sending file_sum
false_alarms=0 tag_hits=0 matches=0
sender finished cygcheck.out
generate_files phase=1
send_files phase=1
recv_files(1) starting
recv_files(cygcheck.out2)
got file_sum
renaming .cygcheck.out2.002456 to cygcheck.out2
recv_files phase=1
generate_files phase=2
send files finished
total: matches=0  tag_hits=0  false_alarms=0 data=9461
recv_files finished

[rsync hangs here]

On the single cpu machine, I get the following 3 lines after 'recv_files
finished':

wrote 9544 bytes  read 36 bytes  6386.67 bytes/sec
total size is 9461  speedup is 0.99
_exit_cleanup(code=0, file=main.c, line=578): about to call exit(0)

The problem occurs whenever I rsync to a dual-cpu win2K advanced server
box.  Rsyncing from these boxes works correctly.  Is this is known bug
and does anyone have a fix/workaround?

Thanks

Ian
---

 <<cygcheck.out>>

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential.
It is intended solely for the attention of the intended addressee(s) and may
be covered by legal privilege and/or protected by law.  If you are not the
named addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your computer. Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and associated files is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore YooMedia cannot accept
liability if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of
transmission or is modified or amended following despatch.
Furthermore YooMedia does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.  Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of YooMedia unless otherwise
specifically stated.  Although YooMedia has taken every reasonable
precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked
for viruses, it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus
check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software virus infection.
YooMedia reserves the right, and senders of messages shall be taken to have
consented to, the monitoring and recording of e-mails.