bash and the delete key

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Thu Jul 25 19:49:00 GMT 2002

Paul,

Add this line to your "$HOME/.inputrc" file:

   "\M-[3~":   delete-char

This escape sequence happens to be shared by RXVT and the console.

To see where there are differences between RXVT and console, you can loot
at the attached ".inputrc" file, which is the one I use.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA