Mysterious gdb behavior.

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sun Jul 28 20:20:00 GMT 2002

At 17:31 2002-07-28, Paul Derbyshire wrote:

>Now can anyone suggest a fix here? So far the only thing I've seen
>explicitly suggested is to patch and recompile lots of stuff most of
>whose internals I don't know the first thing about, and the vague
>implication that I should blow the whole system away and reinstall it
>after (finding out how and) changing my Windows username. I'd much
>rather avoid either of those, especially as the latter will cause
>data loss. Obviously the contents of the home directory could be
>copied out but there's a ton of changes made to assorted other files,
>such as /etc/profile, crontab entries, and so on. There's also the
>sheer magnitude of the download.

Paul,

Is there are reason you don't just move your working directory (the one
with the sources and executables you're trying to debug) to a directory
whose fully-qualified name is devoid of spaces?

It really seems that you're making this a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA