ls incorrectly shows system hidden files

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Wed Jul 31 15:28:00 GMT 2002

Wendell,

At 13:25 2002-07-31, Wendell Pinegar wrote:
>I just noticed that the "ls" command in cygwin shows Windows system hidden
>files.  Hidden files shouldn't be listed by the ls command!

This at best is a matter of opinion.

My prediction is that those whose opinion counts most (that is, the people
who do the work of maintaining the Cygwin code) do not share this opinion.

>Can this be changed?

It can. You're welcome to use the available source code to produce a
version of "ls" that accommodates your preferences. You could even, if you
so chose, submit your changes with a request that they be incorporated into
the Cygwin source code base itself.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA