sysV IPC and SHM

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Sun Jun 2 17:55:00 GMT 2002


Robert Collins wrote:

>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:nwourms@netscape.net] 
>>Sent: Monday, 3 June 2002 10:06 AM
>>    
>>
>>Should I run strace on it and report that?  Any other means 
>>of debugging 
>>which will give you more info?  Or do you already have an idea what's 
>>causing the problem?
>>    
>>
>
>Strace should show some info, yes. Also does cygserver start correctly
>(it should spit an error message if it doesn't). Does the domain socket
>exist in /tmp? (If it does when cygserver is not running, just rm it).
>
>Rob
>
Ok, this is the message displayed when it is started:

$ cygserver &
[1] 1063373

root@DRAGON /usr/src
$ daemon version 1.3.11(0.53/3/1)-(1.0.0.2) 2002-06-02 16:59 starting 
up.....creating an interruptible processing thread
.complete
waiting on 2 objects

Then I press enter...and I checked out /tmp:

$ ls -lFa /tmp
total 2
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 May 24 17:03 ./
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 May 24 16:13 ../
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 May 26 10:39 .X11-unix/
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1074 May 26 16:33 XWin.log

Nothing is in there while it is running...  I have attached the strace for:
$ strace cygserver | cat > log

Hope this helps,
Nicholas
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: log.bz2
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 4556 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20020602/5b41466e/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list