Building cygwin1.dll and mknetrel

rich-paul@rich-paul.net rich-paul@rich-paul.net
Tue Jun 4 12:45:00 GMT 2002


> Yes, I have never run this under cygwin, actually.  It was intended as a
> cross-compilation environment.  I'm surprised that it works on cygwin
> with so few changes.
Great work, my shell scripts require alot of TLC and SSH b4 they work on
more than one platform.  <G>

> You should be able to say "mknetrel cygwin" to have it build the latest version.
> Again, I'm surprised that it would actually work with explicit versions.

I'm sorry, I didn't use explicit versions when calling mknetrel.  I was
saying that the wildcards in the shell snippets above (e.g. cd
cygwin*/winsup) would break if there was, for example, more than one dir
called 'cygwin*'.  Actually, it's worse than I thought, I didn't put a
dash b4 the glob, so even a package called cygwinfoo-2-3 would break the
cd!

-- 
Got freedom?  Vote Libertarian:  http://www.lp.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list