What's the current status of setup.*.exe?

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Thu Jun 6 06:37:00 GMT 2002

Yes, the current release code has *known* problems. The 2.249.2.1 is
targeted at correcting what you could describe as sev 1 faults.

> Last night I ran a brand new and current installation from a local
> directory, using the snapshot setup-2.249.2.1.exe in W98/SE,
> and experienced
> all the problems described in para 1, though the installation proceeds
> [seems to proceed] perfectly well if one simply presses the
> appropriate
> "ignore and carry on" button. And despite the failure message
> at the end,
> the entire installation completes [seems to complete]
> properly. Do you want
> me to tell you about these installation problems?!

Yes. We're about to make the current snapshot the new release in a few
days time, once some serious user testing takes place. So any feedback
on the snapshot is appreciated (with appropriate scenario descriptions
and log files, of course).

As far as I knew, all the issues in para 1 had been addressed by the
snapshot, so please... Describe away.

Rob