still cannot telnet to cygwin 1.3.10

Don Sharp dwsharp@iee.org
Wed Jun 12 19:32:00 GMT 2002


Hi Cygwinners

I've reviewed problems with inetd via google searches and have tried
regenerating my passwd and group files but I am still getting

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).."

on the host machine.

I have ntsec set, as has been suggested, via the registry entry. I show
the inetd registry entries below.

\Registry
    Machine
        SYSTEM
            ControlSet001
                Enum
                    Root
                        LEGACY_INETD
                            0000
                                Service = inetd
                                DeviceDesc = CYGWIN inetd
                                Control
                                    ActiveService = inetd
                Services
                    inetd
                        ImagePath = REG_EXPAND_SZ g:\usr\sbin\inetd.exe
                        DisplayName = CYGWIN inetd
                        Parameters
                            ConfigFilePath = /etc/inetd.conf
            ControlSet002
                Enum
                    Root
                        LEGACY_INETD
                            0000
                                Service = inetd
                                DeviceDesc = CYGWIN inetd
                Services
                    inetd
                        ImagePath = REG_EXPAND_SZ g:\usr\sbin\inetd.exe
                        DisplayName = CYGWIN inetd
                        Parameters
                            ConfigFilePath = /etc/inetd.conf
        SOFTWARE
            Cygnus Solutions
                Cygwin
                    Program Options
                        G:\usr\sbin\inetd.exe = binmode tty ntsec

My cygwin installation is up to date.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-4.0 DON 1.3.10(0.51/3/2) 2002-02-25 11:14 i686 unknown

Please could someone provide step by step instructions to return my
system to providing a working telnet/rsh etc.

TIA

Don Sharp

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list