Done with passing File Descriptors!

David E Euresti davie@MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 13 00:50:00 GMT 2002

Hello,
	I patched the sendmsg and recvmsg calls to behave like 4.3BSD in
passing file descriptors between processes using Unix Domain Sockets.
Currently you can pass sockets, and pipes.  (I've sent lots of posts about
this just search for my name)

	I've got working code (modifying the dll and the cygserver) and I
can send the patch and you may look at it if you like.  But where should I
send the patch, here or cygwin-developers?  And if cygwin-developers how
do I subscribe to that list?

	It's a pretty big patch, so I assume you'll need an assignment,
but at the same time I'm a college student working on my Thesis, so I
don't think they'll be a problem, but I'll ask my advisor.

Thanks,
David Euresti