Newbie: How to get permissions working with 'ntsec']

Michael A Chase mchase@ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 16 13:30:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:57:50 +0100 Garry Heaton <garry@heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed this verison only a couple of weeks ago so
> how can it be old?

> Volker Quetschke wrote:

> >>  >> I've been through the manual and rearched serveral posts by Corinna
> >>  >> but I still can't change file permissions as the owner of the file.
> >>  >> I'm running the latest version on Win2000 Pro and took Corinna's
> >>  >> advice to associate my Power User account with the Backup and Restore
> >>  >> group. Still no access to file permissions, however.

> >>   653k 1998/10/30 c:\mysql\bin\cygwinb19.dll
> > ---------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > This looks like an old cygwin dll. If I am right, remove it and everything
> > will work!

He's refering to the copy of cygwinb19.dll in c:\mysql\bin\ .  All the
Cygwin stuff you installed recently appears to bu under c:\cyg\ .  Having
two Cygwin DLLs of any flavors on the same system is generally not a good
idea; one of the more frequent problems people run into is when the
different versions conflict.

It looks like your mysql installation includes some programs compiled to
use the older DLL.  Maybe some of them are being used instead of the new
Cygwin programs.  File permission handling has changed since B19, so that
might be the problem.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html