[CYGWIN] Perl with Postrges under Cygwin

Jim.George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 02:47:00 GMT 2002

> > I downloaded DBD::Pg but the README.win32 talks about Active-Perl, NT4, and
>
> Huh?  We are talking about Cygwin.  No Win32 is involved here.

My faul I'm very new to perl and didn't know what I was doing.

> > <snip>
> <snap>
<snop>
> Just use the CPAN module:
> Call on the command line:
>
> $ cpan
>
> And on the CPAN shell do (after init if neccessary):
> 1.
> cpan> install DBI

Brilliant no problems at all.

> 2.
> cpan> install DBD::Pg

This failed due to the POSTGRESS_INCLUDE and POSTGRESS_LIB environment
variables.  My problem is that I don't know what to set the variables
to as they don't appear to agree with my directories.  Could you tell
me what you believe they should be or could be?

> Thats it.

Well nearly ;)

> If you got problems with the latest DBD::Pg version, post the
> output of the single calls 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'make' of the
> DBD::Pg build.

See above...sorry

> HTH,
>
> Gerrit