compile gcc 3.1 under cygwin

Dockeen dockeen@mchsi.com
Mon Jun 17 04:34:00 GMT 2002


One thing that gave me problems, and I should have known better is
that it is not a good idea to do your configure, make bootstrap,
make install steps from within the source directory you created
when you unzipped and untarred the gcc source.

I put my source in a directory called srcdir, which is within 
another directory called objdir.  I run all of my commands from
objdir, not srcdir.

One question for comparison purposes David, my configure takes
a couple of minutes, make bootstrap takes about an hour, and
make install takes a couple of minutes.  I am installing on a
1.1 GHz PIII, XP Pro, and I am building C,C++ and F77.  What
does your install typically run?

Wayne Keen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list