Cygwin httpd problem

Bill Sheppard bill.sheppard@sun.com
Tue Jun 18 03:44:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

A friend of mine who works at Red Hat suggested this email address to
report a possible bug to.

I installed Cygwin (uname reports CYGWIN_98_4.10, downloaded from
archive.progeny.com, setup V2.249.2.2) on my Win98SE system (384MB RAM)
a few days ago, and it seems to be working well (if not a bit
sluggishly, but I'll blame that on Microsoft).  I'm confident in the
installation, as I have sshd, ftpd, and other pieces running.  If I run
Apache (httpd, V1.3.24-5), however, I get:

C:\CYGWIN\USR\SBIN\HTTPD.EXE: *** couldn't allocate memory
0x10000(4128768) for 'C:\CYGWIN\BIN\CYGGDBM.DLL' alignment, Win32 error 8

repeated every few seconds.  This is regardless of whether I'm running
it standalone or from inetd.  Doing some web research brought up
something having to do with recompiling Cygwin and rebasing it, but it
wasn't clear from where the error stems.

Can you provide any pointers to resolving this problem?

Thank you,

Bill Sheppard