Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling packages

Robert Collins robert.collins@syncretize.net
Tue Jun 18 08:19:00 GMT 2002

Ouch. I'm very short on time, so I hope Pavel can pinpoint this. He's
very good at that though, so I'm not worried :].

> 3) Canceling setup.exe when it is in the process of
> installing/uninstalling
> yields the following error message about half the time: "setup.exe -
> Application Error, The instruction at '0x0042a3de referenced memory at
> 0x00000000.' The memory could not be 'read'." A similar
> message also appears
> if setup.exe runs out of memory during its initial growth
> (i.e., if other
> apps are running and I don't have much available memory to
> start with.)

Is this in combination with your '2', or as a separate  but possibly
overlapping issue?

> I could not help but notice that a
> couple of my existing packages show up as "0.0" but I wasn't
> sure what to
> make of that.

0.0 means that the package was installed without version information, as
happened in the very early days of setup.

Rob