pipe connection problem in recent cvs release

Conrad Scott Conrad.Scott@dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jun 24 06:12:00 GMT 2002

"Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov@syntrex.com> wrote:
> RH> The strace log is appended. The only unusal behavior I can see,
is a pipe
> RH> opening error".
>
> RH> 368   43330 [main] echo 2408 transport_layer_pipes::connect:
Error opening the
> RH> pipe (2)
>
> It looks like you're using cygserver - am I right ?

In the current cygwin setup, you'll get this strace line if you're
*not* using cygserver, i.e. this is what the code spits out shortly
after startup when it tries to connect to cygserver and discovers that
there isn't one running. This is the message for NT; for win 95 et al,
there's a similar message about a socket connection, something like
"client connect failure". Now, if you *were* running cygserver and you
got this message, that's a problem :-)

BTW, the message refers to NT named pipes, not cygwin pipes.

// Conrad